15th August 2019 – Combo of Celebrations
15th August 2019
15th August was a bag of celebrations this year because we had a combo jam-packed of festivals. The smell of patriotism, the air of festival and joy of Lead anniversary filled enthusiasm in every Leader. They celebrated Independence Day, Raksha Bandhan and Lead anniversary in unique ways, which added more colors to the day. An enthusiastic hearts find opportunities everywhere and this day was a huge opportunity for every leader to celebrate various things.
15th August is popularly celebrated as Independence Day throughout India. The day which reminds us of the bravery of our freedom fighters who laid down their lives in the glory of mother India. Our four fathers endured countless suffering to give us freedom. This is the day to remember and honor their sacrifices. Leaders of RYMEC Ballari celebrated Independence Day and Lead birthday at their college. They followed the formal procedure of flag hoisting and Leaders addressed students about their inspiring lead journey. They felicitated the gusts by giving the saplings. The tri-colored flag was hosted with pride and celebrated Independence Day in Deshpande educational trust and sandbox campus.
Raksha Bandhan is a popular Hindu tradition celebrated all over India. Rakhi is the perfect time to celebrate and cherish the precious bond of love between brother and sister. This sacred thread of rakhi is a celebration of beautiful relation of the brotherhood who is a protector of his sister. But the real protector of our nation are the people who risk their lives in protecting us, whose selfless services helps us to spend peaceful nights at our homes. Leaders from all over Karnataka took this opportunity and celebrated Raksha Bandhan with all such heroes.
- Leaders of Nippani and Chikkodi celebrated this day by tying rakhi to NDRF team members, who were working day and night to save flood-affected people of Uttar Karnataka. The leaders thanked all the NDRF team members for their brave actions.
- Students of Government Polytechnic College, Hiriyur celebrated Raksha Bandhan with real heroes of society like Drivers, Doctors, Police, and teachers. They also raised fund for the flood-affected region.
- Safety of our towns is mainly dependents on the civil servants. Leader Aishwarya and team, Nippani visited the Police station and firefighter station. They tied rakhi to people who worked there and distributed sweets as a token of love.
- Leaders of Davangere celebrated this day as “Raksha with Rakshak”. More than 35 students went around the city and tied rakhi to all Police, Soldiers, Drivers, Bus Conductors, Doctors, and Security people. They thanked them for their countless service towards the betterment of society.
- Leaders of BLDEA’s Engineering College, Vijaypur celebrated Raksha Bandhan with Police, auto-rickshaw drivers and college security guards.
- LEAD Leaders from Deshpande educational trust prepared handmade Rakhi’s and celebrated Raksha Bandhan with soldiers, Hubli police officers.
- Leader Sanjay, Hajma, Vishwanath and team from Siddeshwar Arts College, Vijaypur tied rakhi to the Orphanage kids.
- Leader Shamala, Vidya, Shital, and Jyoti took an initiative to celebrate Raksha Bandhan at Govt. High School, Karoshi. They took blessings from the teachers and also were part of their Independence Day celebration.
- Leaders from Jigalur Women’s College, Dharwad celebrated Raksha Bandhan at Akka Mahadevi Ashram.
12Th LEAD Anniversary:
The LEADers Accelerating Development (LEAD) Program was officially launched on 15th August 2008, under Deshpande Foundation, Hubli with an “Innovative Theme” of building leadership and entrepreneurial thinking within students. It gives leaders exposure to work social issues. It encourages and mentors them to work on their inventive ideas.
LEAD has successfully completed 12 years of its journey and it has reached more than 35000 students from more than 210 colleges throughout Karnataka, Maharashtra, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh. It’s helping the students in developing leadership skills through its various impactful projects.
Students from all over Karnataka celebrated Lead Anniversary by cutting a cake with their mentors. Every new beginning can create new history. Let’s pray that, this year may be the beginning of such wonderful moments and may it reach the new scale of heights in the coming days.
Written By: Vaishnavi N Patil
Mail Id: email@example.com